PC Studio Features
The applications of Samsung PC Studio and their functions and features are as follows.
PC Studio Launcher
– Provides the shortcut icons to start the PC Studio applications.
※ Some applications may not be supported in specific phone models.
Connection Manger (Manage connections)
– Allows you to select the connection type for PC to Phone connection.
Phone Editor (Manage contacts and more)
– Allows you to view, edit and organise the personal information in your phone on your PC. It also lets you copy and move information between your phone and your PC.
Message Manager (Manage messages)
– Allows you to view, edit, and organise your phone messages on your PC. It also lets you copy and move messages between your phone and your PC. In addition you can send text messages or multimedia messages via this application when it is connected to the phone.
PC Sync (Synchronise)
– Allows you to Synchronise personal information data saved in the Phone and the data saved in the PC’s personal information management programme. The PC personal information management programmes supported by PC Sync are Microsoft® Outlook® and Outlook Express.
Phone Explorer (Manage files)
– Allows you to manage multimedia files in your phone on your PC and to transfer files between your phone and your PC.
Networking Wizard (Manage Internet connections)
– Allows you to access the Internet using the connected Phone as a modem device.
MMS Composer (Compose multimedia messages)
– Allows you to make and edit multimedia messages using content such as photos, movies, sounds and text. The multimedia messages produced using MMS Composer can be saved to or sent via the connected Phone.
Multimedia Manager (Manage multimedia files)
– Multimedia Manager can modify various media files imported from your mobile phone, PC, or CD and create a new one at your will. In addition to a simple file management function, Multimedia Manager has a powerful play function so that you don’t need to start a separate tool. In particular, you can easily connect Multimedia Manager with your mobile phone as well as upload images from your phone to Samsung uBlog.
Multimedia Player (Play multimedia files)
– Allows you to play multimedia files compatible with the Phone, such as multimedia messages, movies, and sounds.
You can update your Samsung PC Studio to the latest version. Live Update can be performed as follows.
1. Run Samsung PC Studio. In the Launcher window, select the Tools > Live Update menu. (Make sure the PC is connected to the internet.)
2. When the Welcome window appears, click the Start button.
3. The available programme update list appears. Click the Next button.
4. Save all unsaved tasks and close all PC Studio applications. Click the OK button to proceed to the update process.
5. When the update is done, click the Finish button to close Live Update. (※ In case the Live Update programme itself has been updated, click the Start button to repeat steps 3 to 5 for updating other components.)
※ Some new phone models may require you to update to the latest software version in order to connect to the device.