How to type Hindi in MS Word, in any designing software and anywhere else. The following is the simplest way to type Hindi using English keyboard.
If you are from India and want to type applications, articles, and other formal or informal letters in Indian language, i.e. Hindi, you have various options among which you can choose the best one as per your convenience. The options are:
- Learn Hindi Typing – This option is the best one if you are going to use Hindi applications and letters on a regular basis and you don’t want to delegate this task to any other person due to obvious confidentiality reasons. The best part when choosing this option is that you do not remain dependent upon any software solution or human being for Hindi typing. However, the downside of this option is that you might have to invest some time in learning Hindi typing and become proficient in it. Also, you might also need to choose a particular font such as Kruti Dev and become master in it. Once you are master in one font, you might find it difficult to use any other Hindi font because every font has its different keys and ASCII values.
- Hire Hindi Typist – This is yet another option for you in case you do not want to learn Hindi typing and still want to draft letters and applications in Hindi on a regular basis. The problem with this option is that you remain dependent on the typist, and your work my hamper in his/her absence. Also, your information remains vulnerable to theft.
- Use Third-Party Phonetic Typing Tool – This option is the easiest among all. With the help of a typing tool, you can use the English characters to type Hindi words which are then automatically converted into the Hindi font. One of the most popular phonetic typing tool is Input Typing Tool which is a software developed by Google. This tool is easy to download and install, and it also eases the process of Hindi typing. However the downside of using this tool is that you are bound to use Mangal font which cannot be changed to any other Hindi font.
Hindi Language setup
Here is what you need to do to install and use Google Input Typing Tool on your computer:
- Log on to the computer with the administrator account.
- Using your favorite search engine, search for Google Input Typing Tool.
- Once found, download and install the software.
- Go to the Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Region and Language.
- On the opened box, go to the Keyboards and Languages tab.
- Under the Keyboards and other input languages section, click Change keyboards button.
- On the opened Text Services and Input Languages box, modify the priority of the available languages as required.
- Click OK on all the opened boxes and windows to save the modifications.You can now start typing the Hindi language in Microsoft Word. The languages can be swapped/switched by pressing Ctrl + G keys simultaneously.